- UPNG lecturers plan protest today
- UPNG receives part of K12 million government funding
- Investigation into UPNG unrest 50% complete
- Case against university students dismissed
- UPNG terminates 2016 academic year
- UPNG students granted bail
- Police to enforce curfew at state universities
- DHERST has no jurisdiction in UPNG administrative matters
- UPNG semester suspended
- HERST minister calls for UPNG students to resume classes
UPNG dormitory goes up in flames
A male dormitory at the country’s premier university, the University of Papua New Guinea (UPNG) has gone up in flames. A video and posts of the incident have been widely circulated on Facebook and other social media websites.
The Talaigu dormitory, which houses first year male students, reportedly caught fire yesterday evening. However, the cause of is yet not known.
As indicated in the video, students lost a lot of valuables including certificates and other educational documents.
Latest posts by Bernard (see all)
- Fort Banner community hold vigil for Ruby-Anne - February 14, 2017
- Catholic education chairman calls for clarification on TFF - February 9, 2017
- Department of Education establishes hotline - February 7, 2017