- UPNG lecturers plan protest today
- UPNG receives part of K12 million government funding
- Investigation into UPNG unrest 50% complete
- Case against university students dismissed
- UPNG terminates 2016 academic year
- UPNG students granted bail
- Police to enforce curfew at state universities
- DHERST has no jurisdiction in UPNG administrative matters
- UPNG semester suspended
- HERST minister calls for UPNG students to resume classes
Unitech to host 8th Huon Seminar in August
The Papua New Guinea University of Technology (Unitech) will be hosting its 8th Huon Seminar at the Tokara Campus in Lae on the 22 – 23 of August and secretariat is calling for abstracts from academia, industries and research institutions and other interested parties.
The focus of this year’s seminar is the university’s golden jubilee as a provider of higher education, teaching and research in the country, with the theme: Celebrating 50 Years of Nation Building: Embracing Challenges Beyond 2016.
The sub themes are as follow:
- Higher Education;
- Training & Development;
- Science, Engineering & Technology;
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries & Food Security;
- Climate Change & Mitigation;
- Appropriate & Innovative Technology;
- Sustainable Development;
- ICT in Teaching & Learning, and;
- Effective Leadership.
The secretariat has set the abstracts to be between 250 – 300 words and a 50 word biography for the authors. All papers are required to be submitted before June 2, 2016 and awards will be given to the best presenters.
Papers can be sent to:
8th Huon Seminar
Public Relations Unit
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Or they can be emailed to:
- Chairman – Dr Macquin Maino (email@example.com)
- Executive Officer – Hilda Tona (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Huon Seminar Secretariat – email@example.com
Registration fees for the event are as follows:
- Registered student – K50;
- Unitech Academic – K100;
- National – K200;
- International – K400;
A penalty of K50 applies to late registration.
All fees are to be deposited into the Unitech bank account with Bank South Pacific in Lae. The details are:
Account name: PNG University of Technology
Account number: 1000386580
Further information about the seminar can be obtained by emailing the addresses provided above or calling (+675) 473 4291 or faxing (+675) 475 7667.
Latest posts by Bernard (see all)
- Fort Banner community hold vigil for Ruby-Anne - February 14, 2017
- Catholic education chairman calls for clarification on TFF - February 9, 2017
- Department of Education establishes hotline - February 7, 2017