- UPNG lecturers plan protest today
- UPNG receives part of K12 million government funding
- Investigation into UPNG unrest 50% complete
- Case against university students dismissed
- UPNG terminates 2016 academic year
- UPNG students granted bail
- Police to enforce curfew at state universities
- DHERST has no jurisdiction in UPNG administrative matters
- UPNG semester suspended
- HERST minister calls for UPNG students to resume classes
School loses teacher’s house to fire
While the country is preparing for Christmas celebrations, a school in Manus will be thinking of ways to accommodate her teachers after a fire engulfed one of the staff houses during the weekend.
Papitalai Seconday School in the Los Negros area lost a teacher’s house to fire on Sunday. According to school Principal, Mr Daniel Tabari, neighbours say the fire started in the kitchen area. However, the teacher and his family residing in the house are on holidays and may have lost all their personal belongings.
Mr Tabari shared on Papitalai Secondary School’s Facebook page:
We just lost a teachers house at boy’s end.
Londron’s Residence. Big loss to the school.
It is believed that a candle may cause the fire but the exact cause of the fire is yet unknown at this stage. However, Mr Tabari has indicated that he will be asking the relevant authorities to establish to cause.
The news of the fire caused concern among Papitalai alumni who are preparing to celebrate the school’s golden jubilee anniversary next year.
Latest posts by Bernard (see all)
- Fort Banner community hold vigil for Ruby-Anne - February 14, 2017
- Catholic education chairman calls for clarification on TFF - February 9, 2017
- Department of Education establishes hotline - February 7, 2017