- K2.26 million paid to UPNG for outstanding TESAS fees
- UPNG students begin paying outstanding TESAS fees
- UPNG lecturers plan protest today
- UPNG receives part of K12 million government funding
- Investigation into UPNG unrest 50% complete
- Case against university students dismissed
- UPNG terminates 2016 academic year
- UPNG students granted bail
- Police to enforce curfew at state universities
- DHERST has no jurisdiction in UPNG administrative matters
1000 plus teachers in ARoB off payroll
More than 1000 teachers in Autonomous Region of Bougainville (ARoB) are off the payroll as of last fortnight, Post Courier (April 19) reports.
Teachers are paid according to the Resumption of Duty Summary Statements (RoDSS) which are filled up at the beginning of the school year. However, some teachers have noted irregularities with the process and have raised issue.
One teacher at a primary school in the Nissan District said they have six teachers and five who started work during the resumption week have been put off the payroll. However, their colleague who came late and filled out the resumption form is not.
The teachers affected fronted the province’s Education Headquarters to express their disappointment.
Meanwhile, Mr Justin Kehatsin, Secretary of the ARoB Department of Education said the issue is nationwide and not isolated to the province. He said many times this was the result of inaccurate data filled in the required forms or a mismatch in the registration number and name on the form.
Mr Kehatsin also said there was a delay with movement of the information from Buka to Port Moresby for processing. He appealed to the teachers to resume duties for the children and assured that they would be paid.
I assure teachers that next payday some of them will be getting their pay and others may be in the following payday and this is because the RoDSS arrived in Port Moresby on time but the entry process is the result of them not getting paid, but they will be getting paid.
– Justin Kehatsin, Secretary, ARoB Department of Education