- K2.26 million paid to UPNG for outstanding TESAS fees
- UPNG students begin paying outstanding TESAS fees
- UPNG lecturers plan protest today
- UPNG receives part of K12 million government funding
- Investigation into UPNG unrest 50% complete
- Case against university students dismissed
- UPNG terminates 2016 academic year
- UPNG students granted bail
- Police to enforce curfew at state universities
- DHERST has no jurisdiction in UPNG administrative matters
IEPNG to conduct CBAS awareness program in Lae
The Institute of Engineers Papua New Guinea (IEPNG) is changing their normal assessment system to process applications using the Competency Based Assessment System (CBAS).
According to the institute, the new system will be used to process the applications and also test competency levels of engineers that will be coming in or are currently working in the country – and will be applied to both national and expatriate engineers and technical officers.
The system will be introduced in 2018, and as part of an awareness program the IEPNG will be conducting a half a day workshop to inform stakeholders and clients in Lae about the competency based system including:
- What is Competency Based Assessment?
- Who will take up Competency Based Assessment?
- What are the steps and processes that are involved with CBA?
The institute is also inviting all Engineers, HR Managers, HR Personnel and anyone in charge of work permits to attend the workshop.
|Date:||April 24, 2017|
|Time:||9am – 12noon|
|Venue:||Department of Works – National Rehabilitation Centre (NRC)|