- K2.26 million paid to UPNG for outstanding TESAS fees
- UPNG students begin paying outstanding TESAS fees
- UPNG lecturers plan protest today
- UPNG receives part of K12 million government funding
- Investigation into UPNG unrest 50% complete
- Case against university students dismissed
- UPNG terminates 2016 academic year
- UPNG students granted bail
- Police to enforce curfew at state universities
- DHERST has no jurisdiction in UPNG administrative matters
Juveniles in Manus arrested for sexual assault
Two juveniles in Manus Province were recently arrested for sexual assault, according to Loop PNG, and this has caused concern by the police.
The perpetrators, who are grade 8 students at Liap Primary School in the Pomotu Kurti-Andrea LLG, allegedly assaulted a 14 year old female student from the same school.
It was reported that victim was returning home on March 29 when she was confronted and assaulted by the perpetrators who are also 14 years old. The victim reported the matter to her mother, who relayed it to the peace officer and was referred to the police.
According to acting Manus provincial commander, Senior Inspector David Yapu, the accused were released to probation officers to the custody of their parents as they are juveniles and needed to return to school.
The pair is expected to appear at the Lorengau Court tomorrow.
Yapu is also appealing to stakeholders and relevant authorities to work together to address the increase in sexual offenses in the province.